ShareThis


Friday, February 26, 2010

DISCO SHOPPING


You rush for the last few items
as the 24 hour A&P grocery store
announces to a handful of shoppers
that they’ll be closing in 20 minutes.
A moment ago, unknowingly you
strolled through the aisles, carefully
selecting cans of Mexicana corn,
coffee that was on sale, rye bread,
gallons of green tea, sweet mustard.
You were happy then, drumming
on the cart’s handle, whistling and
enjoying the Knock on Wood song
like never before because it has
a whole new meaning now, a history.

4 comments:

RHYTHM AND RHYME said...

Congratulations on your 300 poems,
I always enjoy your posts they seem very uplifting. Thanks for sharing and may you continue to share with us, also get more published. Well done.

Enjoy your week-end.
Yvonne.

gerry boyd said...

Perfectly rendered, this. Bravo!

WR said...

I loved these poems and have missed your writing! Nice to have you visit as your life has picked up in pace. Wishing you all manner of good things!

Kay said...

I was just thinking when opening your blog, how rarely I get to enjoy them as I find them far and few between, but each time I am so happy I hit that link. Congrats on the new and admirable job as well as your continued success on the written word.