ShareThis


Saturday, January 12, 2013

ON THE RIGHT


-for my grandfather


College during the Great Depression,
married with children in World War II.
and a big fan of Eisenhower, of course.

As a young boy, I didn't know he was
a look alike for a famous Republican,
but I do remember the many times when
people approached my grandfather to ask
“Hey, are you Barry Goldwater?” and he’d
reply- “No I’m not, but I did vote for him”.

He believed in hard work, a good education,
loyalty to team, taking care of your family,
and the honor of serving the community.
Saddened by Nixon, disappointed in Ford,
and pleased by the inauguration of Reagan.

And if you asked him if he ever liked a
Democrat, he’d tell you without hesitation-
“Only one, Harry S Truman, because he told
the truth and did what he thought was right
and didn't care what people said about him”.

No comments: