ShareThis


Thursday, April 4, 2013

HOLD ON, SUMMER'S COMING



Mornings I shuffle to the thermostat
to bump it up a few degrees and think
I’ll be opening windows in a few weeks.
I’ll be soaking up rays of sunshine as
I rake leftover leaves from fall and sow
grass seed in an attempt to have a lawn.

We’ll put begonias in the flower boxes
with orange marigolds, blue ageratums,
and get excited buying tomato plants.
We’ll straighten the rocks around the
bed where the perennials come up and
we’ll pull weeds from the patio’s cracks.

I’ll cook hot dogs and burgers on the grill,
drink a few beers after cutting the grass.
I’ll listen to a baseball game on the radio,
sit in a plastic Adirondack chair,look up
at the stars in the sky and be thankful for
all I have and glad that winter is long gone.

1 comment:

Lizzie said...

I do enjoy winter, but reading this made me excited for summer!