ShareThis


Thursday, April 18, 2013

JUST IN CASE


In case you didn't know, it’s not easy to get started-
no one said it’d take until age forty to get on my feet.

In case of emergency, there were people I counted on.
But they’re all gone now and I can finally handle it all.

In case of failure, you've got to realize there’s always
a second chance, but there isn't always a third one.

In case you missed it, I often sit and think of the past,
sometimes I get upset missing the ones who are gone.

In case you hadn't noticed, I love to be at home,
at the end of the day there’s no place I’d rather be.

In case you are wondering, my future plans include
waking up to sunshine, a sandy beach and the waves.

In case people should ask, and they probably won’t
I’m doing alright after all those years of struggling.


1 comment:

Caren E. Salas said...

I like this! Especially the part about future plans including being on the beach. Sounds great to me!